Part of the preparation for our China trip was to apply the Chinese Tourist Visa. Tourist Visa is REQUIRED for Malaysians traveling in Mainland China excluding Hong Kong & Macau.
The easiest but more expensive way is to ask your Travel Agent to apply on your behalf especially if you are staying outside Kuala Lumpur & Penang. However do allow 10 working days to apply via travel agent.
Take note of some important pointers!
1. The Chinese Visa Application Service Center:
- Kuala Lumpur – Level 5 & 6, Hampshire Place Office, Jalan Mayang Sari, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
- Penang – Ground Floor,17 Lebuh Bishop,10200 Georgetown,Pulau Pinang
2. Business Hours: Monday-Friday. Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays. Submission of applications: 9:00 to 15:00. Payment and collection: 9:00 to 16:00.
3. FOUR Working Days (KL) & SIX Working Days (Penang) needed after submitting your passport for regular service. Note: Penang center offers regular service only.
4. Refer the Schedule of Fees for the visa application. Payment is made during passport collection.
Steps to self apply the Chinese Travel Visa
1. Complete the Online Visa Application Form.
2. Bring along
- Original passport with at least Six Months of remaining validity and with at least Two Blank Pages.
- 2 China Visa Passport Photo (Colour Photo with White Background and with forehead shown. Size: 48mm x 33mm)
- A photocopy of the passport’s info page.
- Flight Ticket Copy or Proof of hotel reservation
For more detailed info, you can CLICK HERE.
3. The process is fairly straightforward, just head to 5th floor KL office. The receptionist will check your documents and provide you a waiting number. During your turn, submit the relevant documents and they will give you a collection receipt. (Note: 4 or 6 working days includes the day you submit)
4. Level 5 Hampshire Place Office is the place to submit your application form while Level 6 is the place to collect your passport and make payment.
5. Payment is made when you collect your passport. You can pay by cash or credit card.
My China Visa
If you find this article useful, SHARE IT to your friends & family members. Also don’t forget to Follow our Instagram & LIKE our Facebook, and Sign Up our Email Newsletter to receive more travel tips & latest travel promotion.